[E]lectricity North West plays a vital role in the region where we own, operate and maintain the electricity distribution network. It is our job to deliver a safe, reliable supply of electricity from the National Grid and keep the lights shining for over five million people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estates & Wayleaves Officer to join Electricity North West’s Estates & Wayleaves team based in Carlisle. Our Estates & Wayleaves team facilitate land acquisition, wayleaves, easements and planning consents for our electricity distribution infrastructure.
As an Estates & Wayleaves Officer you will:
- Provide a comprehensive estates and wayleaves acquisition service ensuring timely delivery of the capital programme for Electricity North West;
- Mitigate costs by way of consistent and accurate valuation of land, wayleaves and easements and other rights combined with the efficient planning and routing of overhead line projects;
- Ensure compliance with all regulations relating to the development of electricity networks;
- Undertake the assessment of land and crop damage and negotiate for the settlement of claims for loss and damage caused to agricultural land as a consequence of the construction and maintenance of electricity assets;
- Work closely with internal clients such as planning and design engineers to provide advice.
Whether you’re an experienced professional ready for your next challenge, or a recent graduate looking to start your career, why not join us as an Estates & Wayleaves Officer and help shape the world around you.
As the successful candidate you will:
• Be qualified to degree level or equivalent (essential);
• Hold a relevant qualification in surveying (desirable);
• Have previous experience in a similar role (desirable);
• Have an interest in rural affairs (essential);
• Demonstrate a proven ability to make decisions within defined parameters (essential);
• Be an excellent verbal and written communicator (essential);
• Demonstrate proven influencing and negotiation skills (desirable);
• Hold a full driving licence (essential).
As an Estates & Wayleaves Officer you will be required to travel throughout the North West and have the flexibility to vary working hours to meet the demands of the role.
Appointment to this role will be on standard Electricity North West terms and conditions of employment.
The closing date for submission of an application is 27 May 2016; however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
To apply please go to: www.enwljobs.co.uk