[D]avid Allen, the local accountancy and business services firm, have announced a charity Diamond Ball to raise funds for Eden Valley Hospice and Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland, as their partner charities of the year.
Having held a number of fundraising events throughout their charity year (which runs from August to August) such as bake days, quiz nights and treasure hunts they are ending this year’s fundraising with a ‘Diamond Charity Ball’ to be held at Warwick Hall, Carlisle on Friday 22 July.
The partnership with Eden Valley Hospice and Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland will see the firm hand over more than £15,000 to the local charities to be split equally – the biggest donation ever made by the business!
Money raised by the partnership will help fund the following initiatives:
- Provide 24/7 care to those with life-limiting and terminal illnesses in Cumbria, 365 days a year.
- Support patients and their families and carers at what can be a very difficult time in their lives, ensuring they don’t have to do it alone.
- Provide activities for adults and children across Cumbria with life limiting illnesses.
- Ensure the provision of registered nurses, health care assistants, assistant practitioners and other health care professionals.
- Go some way to raising the combined £4 million + that the two hospices need to raise each year in order to provide the care their patients need.
David Allen, Managing Partner at the firm said: “As a local business and employer across Cumbria, we recognise the importance of giving something back to the communities in which we live and work and as such am proud to be hosting our first ever charity Diamond Ball. I would like to thank local businesses and professionals for their support so far in organising what is set to be an amazing event.”
The event is being proudly sponsored by MSC Consultancy, a newly founded company who provide one-to-one support in a range of services from quality, environmental and health and safety management systems, CE marking, business administration, HR, finance, accounting and achievement of industry recognised schemes.
For more information on the charity Diamond Ball, to donate a raffle or auction prize or to simply make a contribution to the David Allen Charity of the Year pot visit www.david-allen.co.uk or call Kerrie Allison, Business Development Manager on 01228 711888.