[W]e were really impressed with this hotel when we went to have a look around, recently, and this client has a lot to shout about. They have undergone a huge refurbishment and the results are fantastic. You’ll love your working environment here as much as the guests will enjoy staying. Management really value their staff and are committed to excellence in training, career development and in creating a great place to work. Did we mention the location? Right next to one of the most beautiful lakes in England!
The Dining Room is the main food service facility for guests staying in this hotel, providing breakfast and a three course A la Carte dinner menu. Whilst lunch is not served on a regular basis, pre-booked lunches, afternoon teas and conferences are catered for. The Dining Room is open to non-residents for both breakfast and dinner although this area provides only a small part of our clients business. In its standard layout, the dining room can accommodate up to 100 guests, although this can be increased to 120 for weddings or other special functions.
Breakfast service consists of a cold buffet of cereals, fruits and juices in tandem with plated cooked meals. Dinner is plated with occasional silver service potatoes for functions and coaches.
Our client aims to maximise the satisfaction of guests and they encourage a relaxed but efficient style through a friendly staff/customer communication. It is hoped that the future will see a continuing increase in the quality of service provided by the dining room, work methods and training will be developed with this aim in mind.
As a waiting staff member, you will oversee greeting customers, taking orders, managing table allocations and serving excellent quality food and drinks.
You will also deal with any queries our customers might have throughout the course of their visit and strive to create a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere for people to relax and enjoy!
Key Responsibilities to include: –
- To attend to customers need providing a friendly and efficient service in line with departmental protocols
- To maintain a safe and healthy workplace, following all relevant health, safety and fire procedures
- To maintain the physical upkeep of the department through appropriate cleaning methods and systems
- To control and order stocks as and when necessary
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your Head of Department or any other Management Team
- Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, compliance with licensing law and cash handling procedures
- Processing payments from customers
- Ensuring the bar has sufficient stock
- Ensuring customers are satisfied with their meals and completing customer care checks
- Clearing and re-laying all tables
- Taking and serving food orders, maximising sales where possible
- Deal with customer queries to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Cleaning all areas once closed
The successful candidates for this position should have experience but not essential, will need to be an professional individual with an outgoing friendly personality. Can up sell. Some knowledge of wines, spirits, malts and ales. You will be required to be a trustworthy, punctual, presentable employee with excellent attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary – dependent on experience – live in available
Full time & Part time – 20 to 40 hours per week
Not what you were looking for?
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career and we’ll see what we can do to help you find your perfect job.
How to apply for this job:
Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary and relief staffing services. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, job candidates must have the right to work in the UK and evidence of this will be required before you start work.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01946 448 765
Write: Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd. Phoenix House, Jacktrees Road, Cleator Moor, Cumbria, CA25 5BD