Cumbria County Council will be hosting a baby shower event and swap shop at Whitehaven Library on Thursday 6 April between 10am and 2pm.
Are your children ready for something new? Bring an item you no longer need and pick up a freebie to take home!
They will be accepting baby items and baby clothes up to 3 years and toys for under 5’s. Toys should be clean and in usable condition. Small toys and sets of small items should, where possible, be in clear plastic bags. Any items left at the end of the day will be donated to local charities.
In addition to the swap shop, there will be a range of local organisations to provide information, support and advice to families on a variety of topics:
- A group focusing on therapeutic techniques to boost mindfulness and relaxation.
- Understanding your children’s behaviour and how to improve the parent-child relationship.
- Breast feeding group – question & answer session.
- Infant massage to aid digestion, colic and improving skin texture.
- Coping strategies for children with separated or divorced parents.
- Baby painting with fruit and vegetables – a treat for the senses!
- Buggyfit – a fantastic way to start exercising shortly after your child’s birth.
There will also be staff from Listers Baby Shop on hand to advise on car seats for children aged 0 – 12, and Cumbria Library Service will have the latest info on events and sessions for children and families.
Refreshments will also be available – come along and grab a freebie or give away your unwanted baby items, meet other families and get the latest info and support from a variety of local organisations all there to help make you and your children’s lives as happy and fulfilling as possible!