Cumbria Crack
News

Man and dog hurt in Carlisle house blaze

[A] man and his dog have been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire in Carlisle.

At 3:43pm on Sunday 16 April firefighters were called to a house fire in Barrowdale Gardens, Carlisle.

The fire involved the ground floor of the property and a man self-rescued himself and his dog.

A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service said: “The crews used two hose reels to extinguish the flames.

“The crew cut away the inside of the property and turned over items to enable them to fully extinguish the fire.

“A thermal imaging camera was also to check that the fire was out.

“The man and his dog both suffered from smoke inhalation and paramedics attended.

“A large fan was used to remove smoke from the property before leaving.”

Related posts

Firefighters tackle Carlisle building fire

Cumbria Crack

Firefighters tackle Carlisle flat blaze

Cumbria Crack

Woman hurt in A69 crash

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More