Cumbria Crack
North News

Missing Martyn Hett named as Manchester attack victim

Martyn Hett (right) died in the Manchester Arena attack
Martyn Hett (right) died in the Manchester Arena attack

[A] friend of missing Martyn Hett has confirmed he was killed in the Manchester Arena terror attack.

Martyn, 29, from Heaton Moor, had not been seen or heard from following the terror attack.

Friend Russell Hayward posted on Twitter: “We got the news last night that our wonderful iconic and beautiful Martyn didn’t survive.

“He left this world exactly how he lives, centre of attention.

“Thankfully I have his wonderful family and amazing friends to keep each other strong. I love you Martyn. I always will.”

Martyn Hett
Martyn Hett

Police have arrested three men in connection with the attack which killed 22 and injured 119.

A spokesman for GMP said: “Three men have been arrested after police executed warrants in South Manchester, in connection with the ongoing investigation into Monday night’s horrific attack at the Manchester arena.”

Police timeline of Manchester Arena attack

  • 10:33pm – First call made to police reporting possible explosion and multiple injuries.
  • 10:39pm – GMP PCSO who was nearby is first responder on the scene.
  • 10:39pm – A total of 28 calls are made to police within first six minutes of initial call.
  • 10:46pm – British Transport Police confirm there are a large number of casualties inside Manchester Arena.
  • 10:46pm – First road closure put in place on Great Clowes Street outside Manchester Arena.
  • 10.47pm – Police start treating the response as a possible terrorist incident
  • 10:47pm – Area around Manchester Arena is closed, including roads and transport networks.
  • 10:47pm – Officers at the scene confirm multiple people injured during the attack.
  • 10:47pm – Confirmation from first responders that explosion has taken place
  • 11:33pm – 240 calls about the incident received during first hour of initial call being made.
  • 11:44pm – GMP confirm multiple fatalities and others have been injured during attack.
  • 1:10am – GMP confirm 19 people have died and around 50 others reported injured in what is being treated as a terrorist attack.
  • 7am – GMP confirm that a total of 22 victims have been confirmed dead in addition to the man believed to have been responsible for the attack after detonating an improvised explosive device. Confirmation of over 400 officers and staff involved in the response overnight.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More