[T]wo business leaders from Cumbria will be recognised on the national stage next month having reached the finals of the Institute of Directors’ national Director of the Year Award.
Having won in their categories in the IoD North West Director of the Year Awards, the two nominees, Ross McMahon from Kendal Nutricare and Sue Coulson from Coulson Associates Ltd will now take on the UK’s top business talent at the ceremony. The overall winner of each category will take the widely respected national title, a great accolade recognising the contribution and influence that individual plays in the both the regional and national economy.
Ross McMahon from Kendal Nutricare is up for mid-market director of the year and Sue Coulson from Windermere’s Coulson Associates Ltd is up for early stage business of the year.
The national finals will take place on 22 September 2017 at the prestigious Lancaster London Hotel.
Speaking about the region’s shortlist success this year, IoD North West Regional Director Claire Ebrey said: “I am delighted that the North West will be showing off such high quality Directors at the national awards in London.
“The awards place a great emphasis on the value of leadership and, importantly they include everyone from the big corporates, small businesses, the public sector and charities, showing that the difference between success and failure is leadership. The region shows no shortage of great leaders, who work tirelessly to not only improve their own businesses, but to provide great jobs, to impact upon the community and to make the North West a great place to live and work”.
On behalf of everyone eat the IoD in the North West I congratulate all who have been shortlisted for their achievements to date.”
Applications for the 2018 North West Director of the Year Awards will open soon.
For more information about the IoD, including its newly launched Advance membership programme, please visit: https://www.iod.com/events-community/regions/north-west
The NW directors shortlisted are:
- Mid-Market Director of the Year – Ross McMahon (Kendal Nutricare) – Kendal
- Family Company Director of the Year Award – Jane Montague (Majestic Publications Limited) – Chester
- Mid-Market Director of the Year Award – Jamie Christon (Chester Zoo) – Chester
- The IoD Young Director of the Year Award – Carlos Oliveira (Shaping Cloud) – Manchester
- Director of the year Award (Leader in Corporate Responsibility) – Ian Finch (Mando Agency) – Liverpool
- International Director of the Year – Glenn Cooper (ATG Access) – Haydock
- Mid-Market Director of the Year Award – Richard Anderson (Crawford Healthcare) – Knutsford
- Early stage Director of the Year Award – Sue Coulson (Coulson Associates Ltd) – Windermere
- Non-executive Director of the Year Award – Chris Brindley (GreaterSport) – Manchester