[A] MAN accused of multiple assaults on a woman will stand trial at Carlisle Crown Court in the new year.
Andrzej Fijalkowski, 35, made a brief appearance in front of Judge Peter Davies over a video link from custody today (FRI).
Fijalkowski pleaded not guilty to an allegation that he engaged in controlling or coercive behaviour towards Liliana Gluba, between January 2010 and July this year.
He also denied three alleged assaults on Ms Gluba – in 2011, 2016 and earlier this year – each of which is said to have caused actual bodily harm.
Fijalkowski further pleaded not guilty to allegedly assaulting her by beating on July 23.
It is said the alleged assaults occurred in Penrith.
Fijalkowski, of no fixed address, was told his trial was due to start at the crown court on January 2 next year. It is estimated this will last three days.
In the meantime he was remanded in custody by Judge Davies.