Cumbria Crack
News

Jury out in alleged Penrith “homophobic” attack trial

Carlisle Crown Court

[A] JURY in the trial of two men who deny a violent street attack on a female couple has retired to consider its verdicts.

It is alleged Laura Price and Yazmin Wood received “homophobic” abuse and were then attacked in Penrith, close to the town’s leisure centre, late on August 18 last year.

Miss Price alleges she had her head jumped on and kicked by “three men” after she was dragged into an alley next to the building. Miss Wood said she had her face stamped on. Both women later received hospital treatment for injuries.

One man, Ross Paterson, 29, of Unitas Crescent, Carluke, has admitted ABH assaults on both women. But two others deny the same ABH charges, and have gone on trial at Carlisle Crown Court.

Kevin Alexander Docherty, 35, of Castlebay Street, Glasgow, and 20-year-old Kyle Jonathan Russell Hill, of Glenafeoch Road, Carluke, each claim they acted to prevent violence and injury.

Today (THURS), Judge Peter Davies finished summing up the case after all of the evidence had been heard. “This is a classic case for a jury,” Judge Davies had said, before inviting the 11 women and one man to retire and begin deliberating.

Related posts

Something old, something new, wedding vows inside a shoe

Cumbria Crack

Police in north Cumbria urge caution over doorstep callers

Cumbria Crack

Knife-wielding robber jailed for more than 20 years

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More