[F]ollowing a major refurbishment and relaunch, our hotel client is looking to appoint a Food and Beverage Manager to oversee the day to day running of their restaurant and “living space” areas.
The restaurant, which draws on their vegetable patch and herb garden, serves creative, hearty food which is inspired by Cumbria and the Lake District.
For the career minded, this is a great opportunity as the company is expanding and plans to open other hotels across the country.
The Role – Food and Beverage Manager
- Reporting to the General Manager
- Oversee the day to day running of the restaurant and living space
- Deliver highest standards of customer service
- Take responsibility for food and beverage at functions and events
- Manage drinks lists, including wine, within brand and financial parameters
- Work with Head Chef and GM to continually improve all aspects of food and beverage service
- Oversee the training and development of the F&B team
- Ensure your teams have excellent product knowledge
- Ensure that all revenue, payroll and overhead budgets are met and that costs directly reflect business levels
- Oversee all beverage ordering and deliveries to ensure effective stock control and to minimise wastage
- Take responsibility for health and safety within the F&B areas and enforce all food hygiene, health and safety and fire regulations.
- Ensure all departmental risk assessments are completed and reviewed regularly
The Person – Food and Beverage Manager
- 3 Years in a senior management position within an independent hotel or restaurant
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Knowledge of HR procedures
- A good understanding of customer care and complaints handling
- A proven track record of consistently achieving financial targets
- A WSET qualification or equivalent
- Experience of running events including weddings and private dining
- Must currently live in the UK, for selection and interview purposes, and already have the legal right to work in the UK / EU
The Offer – Salary and Benefits
- Salary to £28,000pa
- A beautiful, well equipped workplace in the Lake District National Park
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at sister hotels
- Staff discounts on treatments
- Social events throughout the year
If you would like to apply for this position, or would like information on other job opportunities in the hospitality sector, then please call us on 01946 448765 or hit the apply button to upload your CV at https://recruithospitality.co.uk/job/food-beverage-manager/
Our service to candidates is free and confidential.