A man and a woman have been charged in connection with a string of robberies where the offenders carried an imitation bomb and threatened staff.
Michael Thorpe (13/06/1978) and Rochelle Holman (13/08/1986), both of Crossgate Avenue, Benchill have been charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
They have been remanded to appear before Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court today, Thursday 7 December 2017.
Between 13 July 2017 and 5 December 2017, police received reports of three separate robberies and two attempt robberies where the offender approached staff and passed a threatening note.
On 5 December 2017 police received a report of an armed robbery with a gun at a travel agent in Knutsford.
As a result of an operation by GMP’s Serious Organised Crime Group, a man and woman were arrested later that day at an address in Wythenshawe.
Details for the incidents are as follows:
- 13/07/17 – Robbery at a bank on High Street, Cheadle (threatening note used).
- 30/08/17 – Robbery at a bank at The Mall, Sale (threatening note used).
- 18/09/17 – Robbery at a bank on Romiley Precinct, Romiley (threatening note used).
- 20/11/17 – Attempt robbery at a Tesco express on Altrincham Road, Baguley (threatening note used).
- 1/12/17 – Attempt robbery at a building society on Woodford Road, Bramall (threatening note used).
- 5/12/17 – Armed robbery at a travel agent on King Street, Knutsford.