[A]s 2017 draws to a close, staff at Cumbria’s largest visitor attraction have been taking a wry look back at some of the funniest questions and comments they’ve heard over the last 12 months.
With more than 1.5 million passenger journeys every year, there are plenty of people travelling on Windermere Lake Cruises all year round. But sometimes, customer queries can cause the odd raised eyebrow.
Now staff have put together a ‘top ten’ list of their favourite questions from the past year:
- Is your attraction accessible by boat?
- Are there any sharks or whales in the lake?
- When does the tide come in?
- How long is the 45 minute cruise?
- Which other lakes does this boat got to?
- Is my husband on your boat?
- Can I have the postcode for the Lake District?
- Can we get to Blackpool on this boat?
- Is your ice cold?
- When we get off the boat, how do we get to Lake Windermere?
Nick Thompson is Operations Manager for Windermere Lake Cruises at Ambleside. He says, “These are all genuine questions that people have asked our staff. Of course, we love our customers and always want to give them a warm welcome, but sometimes, you can’t help but chuckle to yourself. It’s all very tongue-in-cheek, but we do hope some of them were joking!”
Windermere Lake Cruises is one of the England’s top ten ‘paid for’ visitor attractions, according to national tourism body VisitEngland. It is also the only Lake District attraction – and one of just a handful outside London – to appear in the top ten.
www.windermere-lakecruises.co.uk / @Windermereboats