Cumbria Crack
News

Carlisle properties evacuated after fire and gas leak

[A]t 2:16am today, Friday 5 January firefighters were called to a report of a house fire on Nelson Street in Carlisle.

A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service said: “Rubbish was on fire in front of a property and because of a small gas leak, adjoining properties were evacuated.

“A main jet was used to put out the fire with a crew remaining at the scene until the arrival of gas company personnel.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More