Cumbria County Council is inviting people in and around Cumbria and thinking about adopting to an event.
There are 50 children in Cumbria currently waiting to be adopted and nearly half of these children are waiting with their brother or sister. What’s more, these siblings can often wait the longest for a loving forever family.
For many, adopting a child is a huge decision but the council’s experienced adoption team will be on hand at every step to support people throughout the process. Information events offer a great opportunity for people to meet adoption professionals, enjoy a cuppa and to find out more about the children waiting, the process and the support available.
Contrary to many of the myths which surround adoption, the council will consider adopters regardless of age, marital status, gender, sexuality, disability or employment status and in most cases the process takes around 6 months.
Events in Cumbria include:
- The Imperial Hotel, Barrow – Wednesday 17 January 6pm
- Penrith – Wednesday 24 January 6pm at The George Hotel
- Whitehaven – Wednesday 31 January 6pm at The Beacon
Members of the public thinking about adopting can contact Cumbria County Council’s Adoption Team via the following methods:
Call 0303 333 1216
- Register your interest online at www.cumbria.gov.uk/adoption
- Attend an information event
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cumbriafosteringandadoption/