[P]olice were called today (15th January) at 1:19pm to the report of a road traffic collision.
The collision occurred on the A7 at Westlinton and involved five vehicles.
The incident involved:
- A Hyundai Tucson, driven by a 62-year-old man from Longtown.
- A Mercedes-Benz Vito, driven by a 48-year-old man from Dumfries.
- A Toyota Rav4, driven by a 51-year-old man from Longtown.
- A Peugeot Expert, driven by a 45-year-old man from Carlisle.
- A Volkswagen Passat, driven by a 32-year-old man from Shap.
The drivers of the Hyundai Tucson, the Peugeot Expert and the Toyota Rav4, and the teenage male passenger of the Toyota Rav4, were all taken to hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 13:28 firefighters attended a road traffic collision between five vehicles on the A7, Sandysike, Longtown.
“Two casualties were given first aid at the scene by firefighters with one being cut from a car using hydraulic cutting equipment before being handed into the care of paramedics.”
The road was blocked for a period whilst emergency services attended the scene but is now reopened.
Anyone who witnesses the incident is asked to contact PC 2265 Stabler on 101.