[C]ountry lifestyle magazine LandLove announced the winners of its fourth annual awards celebrating Britain’s countryside champions on 1st February.
The LandLove Magazine Awards 2017, voted for by readers, received 25,000 votes across 10 categories recognising artisan producers, popular landmarks, wildlife organisations, places to eat and clothing brands, among others.
Forest Side was voted ‘Britain’s Favourite Place To Eat’ by voters from across the UK and Ireland, as well as further afield. Including countries such as Italy, Germany, the USA and Bulgaria, who also cast their votes showcasing the popularity of the best of British.
Acting Editor, Lauren Morton, said: ‘’We always receive such a great response from our readers when our awards come around and this year was no different. Most of the nominees have featured in the magazine in the past year or so and that means regular readers of LandLove will recognise many of the companies nominated when it comes time to vote.’’
She added: ‘’This year many of the categories were neck and neck right until the end when we saw several popular names take the lead. Congratulations to the winners.’’
Forest Side’s Head Chef, Kevin Tickle, said: ‘’It’s an honour to be recognised as one of the leading lights in the UK’s food scene. We’ve been on an incredible journey since we opened in 2016, everything we do is a real team effort and winning awards like this demonstrate that we are heading in the right direction.’’
The LandLove Magazine Awards featured 10 categories including Britain’s favourite place to eat, food producer, drinks producer, National Park, wildlife organisation, active clothing brand, landmark, city, forest and getaway.
The winners were as follows:
- Britain’s favourite landmark… Stonehenge
- Britain’s favourite place to eat… The Forest Side, Lake District
- Britain’s favourite forest… The Forest of Dean
- Britain’s favourite drinks producer… Apple Orphanage, Isle of Man
- Britain’s favourite National Park… Lake District
- Britain’s favourite city… York
- Britain’s favourite food producer… Noa Bakehouse, Isle of Man
- Britain’s favourite clothing brand… The North Face
- Britain’s favourite wildlife organisation… The Wildlife Trust
- Britain’s favourite getaway… Forest Holidays