CBA Events is a full service event management company, founded in 2001 and we have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team. We are recruiting for the position of Venue Finder; a person to support the venue finding team in sourcing and securing hotels and venues for clients throughout the UK and overseas.
The successful applicant will have the energy, attitude and passion for the conference and events industry that the company management team possess. We insist on our team being great communicators whether on the ‘phone, in meetings, or via email; all of which should be undertaken in a professional manner but with an emphasis on relationship building and providing the client with an enjoyable, smooth and trouble free journey from enquiry to event.
The role is suited to someone with experience in a similar role within the industry. If not, someone with experience within a venue or hotel in the capacity of sales, conference or event planning, reception management or reservations management. Operational experience an advantage but not essential.
• Handle and manage incoming enquiries
• Research using our internal systems, the internet and own knowledge
• Liaise with venues and hotels and negotiate to maximise the best offer for clients
• Prepare detailed venue proposals which are accurate to suit the client’s brief
• Manage client site visits and attend where applicable
• Prepare confirmations and contracts
• Maintain existing client relationships and manage new ones
• Manage client records on our CRM system
• Utilise our CRM system for business development
• Keep up to date with venue and hotel industry news, new openings etc. and support the team with weekly updates
• Manage venue / hotel / supplier relationships
• Identify and execute opportunities to upsell
Applicants should have the following knowledge and experience;
• Excellent spoken and written English skills
• Confident telephone manner
• Polite and professional manner
• Experience of working with clients in a B2B environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge
• Excellent administration skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and prioritise
• Proven success of client management and customer service
The position is available immediately, is full time and permanent and based in our office in Keswick.
Normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, but given the industry, some flexibility is required.
The salary is subject to skills and experience.
We will be reviewing applications as they arrive.
Closing date Monday 19th March 2018.
Applications to include a covering letter and CV please, to [email protected]