[A] MAN accused of raping a female close to a Cumbrian town centre will stand trial before a jury later this year.
Mark George Farrell, 28, entered not guilty pleas to three allegations during a short hearing at Carlisle Crown Court this morning (MON).
Farrell denied three charges, each alleging the rape of a woman. These arise out of an alleged incident which is said to have occurred in the area of Penrith town centre during the early hours of April 1.
A timetable for the progress of the case was outlined by prosecutor Andrew Scott.
Farrell was told by Judge James Adkin that his trial would take place at the crown court. This is due to start on September 17 and, it is estimated, will last four to five days.
In the meantime Farrell – previously of Brougham Street, Penrith, but who is staying in Carlisle as part of his bail conditions, was granted bail by Judge Adkin.