Cumbria Crack
News

Firefighters tackle Dalton-in-Furness blaze

[A]t 10:53am today, Wednesday 9 May three fire engines from Barrow, Grange and Ulverston were called to a fire in an electrical room of Anchor Court residential housing on Rawlinson Street, Dalton-in-Furness.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an overheated transformer in the first floor electrical room.

“They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

“All persons were accounted for.

“Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour-and-a-half.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More