Cumbria Crack
News

Firefighters tackle Dalton-in-Furness blaze

[A]t 10:53am today, Wednesday 9 May three fire engines from Barrow, Grange and Ulverston were called to a fire in an electrical room of Anchor Court residential housing on Rawlinson Street, Dalton-in-Furness.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an overheated transformer in the first floor electrical room.

“They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

“All persons were accounted for.

“Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour-and-a-half.”

Related posts

Trio jailed after four children killed in petrol bomb attack

Cumbria Crack

Firefighters tackle Plumpton grass fire

Cumbria Crack

Driver critical after Barrow collision

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More