[A]t 6:50pm yesterday, Wednesday 9 May two fire engines from Barrow and Walney attended a flat fire on Hartington Street, Barrow-in-Furness.
A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Fire crews attended the scene and found the fire involved a vivarium.
“The team used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and ventilation to tackle the fire.
“Four reptiles were rescued from the property and one reptile was given oxygen therapy.
“Fire crews were on scene for around one hour and fifteen minutes.”