[W]orkington is getting ready for its annual community festival, Party in the Park, on Saturday 2 June in Vulcan Park.
The event runs from 11am – 4pm with a packed programme of entertainment including live music, a local market, fun fair, and children’s entertainment:
- 11am – 4pm: Live music with Soundwave
- 11am – 4pm: Local market
- 11am – 4pm: Fun Fair
- 11am – 4pm: Astral Circus
- 11am – 4pm: Sound Garden
- 11am – 4pm: Craft activities
- 11am – 4pm: Face painting
- 11am – 4pm: Storytelling with Trellis Arts
- 11am – 4pm: Climbing Wall
- 12pm – 3pm: Panna Football
- 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm: Walkabout entertainment with the Toy Box Dolls
All of the entertainment, except for the fun fair, is free of charge.
This event was first launched in 2017 and it is organised by Workington Town Council. Cllr Joan Wright, Chair of the Town Council’s Culture Committee, said: “We’re delighted to bring Party in the Park back to Vulcan Park. The festival is a fantastic opportunity to bring the community together and showcase the town’s talented local performers.”
For further information check out the Visit Workington website or Party in the Park Facebook page: