[A] new-look Cabinet was unveiled at last night’s Annual Meeting of South Lakeland District Council.
Following the district council elections earlier this month, Councillor Giles Archibald is to continue as Council Leader and will hold the portfolio for Promoting South Lakeland.
The rest of the Cabinet and portfolio appointments were also confirmed.
Windermere ward representatives Councillor Dyan Jones and Councillor Andrew Jarvis both join the Cabinet, taking on the portfolios for Environment and Finance respectively.
There is also a return to Cabinet for Kendal South and Natland representative Councillor Chris Hogg, who has the Culture and Leisure portfolio.
Other Cabinet portfolio holders:
- Councillor Jonathan Brook – Deputy Leader and portfolio holder for Housing, People and Innovation
- Councillor Graham Vincent – Portfolio holder for Economy and Assets
- Councillor Phil Dixon – Portfolio holder for Health and Wellbeing
Councillor Ben Berry, who represents Windermere on the district council, remains as Conservative group leader, while Ulverston East member Councillor Mark Wilson continues as leader of the Labour group.
The Shadow Cabinet portfolio holders are:
- Councillor Kevin Lancaster – Shadow portfolio holder for Environment
- Councillor Helen Irving – Shadow portfolio holder for Culture and Leisure
- Councillor John Holmes – Shadow portfolio holder for Finance
- Councillor James Airey – Shadow portfolio holder for Economy and Assets
- Councillor Tom Harvey – Shadow portfolio holder for Housing, People and Innovation
- Councillor Janette Jenkinson – Shadow portfolio holder for Health and Wellbeing
The Annual Meeting also elected Councillor Eric Morrell as Chairman of the Council and Councillor Stephen Coleman was elected as Vice-Chairman.