Barrow man accused of danger-driving and knife possession to stand trial

Barrow man accused of danger-driving and knife possession to stand trial

Carlisle Crown Court

A BARROW man accused of dangerous driving and knife possession in South Cumbria is due to stand trial later this year.

Ciaran Michael Light, 22, faced two charges when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court earlier today (THURS).

Light pleaded not guilty to one charge alleging dangerous driving, in a Citroen vehicle, on the A595 between Silecroft and Holmrook. He further denied a second charge alleging the possession of a bladed article – said to be a “retractable Stanley-type knife” – without good reason or lawful authority in a public place.

Both allegations date back to December 14 last year.

Light heard he is due to go on trial at the crown court on October 22, with the hearing estimated to last three to four days.

Light, of Egerton Court, was remanded into custody although Judge James Adkin was told by the defendant’s lawyer, Miss Rachel Faux, that an application for bail was likely to be made.