Electricity North West owns operates and maintains the North West’s electricity distribution network, connecting customers in the region to the National Grid. To do this we use a diverse fleet of vehicles enabling our people to move around the region and deliver a brighter, more sustainable future.
We have an opportunity for a Development Mechanic to join our North Lakes team, working between Carlisle and Workington to help deliver a fleet maintenance service that meets the operational requirements of Electricity North West.
Our Mechanics deliver a high quality service and repair regime for our combined fleet of light and heavy commercial vehicles and plant ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation. Working flexibly and participating in a standby and call-out rota, they safely maintain Electricity North West’s fleet to meet all legal and company requirements.
As Development Mechanic you will work with our Fleet team to build on and develop your skills and knowledge and become a fully qualified Utility Mechanic, with a wide range of knowledge that can only be gained by working in this environment.
For more information or for a full role profile please email [email protected]
As the successful candidate you will:
- Hold a valid UK driving licence (essential) and HGV driving licence (desirable);
- Have achieved a Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification and have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least one of the following, Plant, Light vehicles or Heavy vehicles;
- Have some knowledge of Transport and Health & Safety Legislation.
To be considered you will also be:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise to meet challenging deadlines;
- Adaptable and flexible allowing you to deal with changing demands;
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal departments across the organisation;
- An effective problem solver.
Please apply via this link.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
The closing date for submission of an application is Wednesday 27 June; however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early
This appointment will be on standard Electricity North West terms and conditions of employment.
This role offers full study support towards a Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship qualification as well as a starting salary of £20,826.72 per annum plus bonus earning potential of up to 10% of your base salary, employer pension contributions between 6% and 14% of base salary, private healthcare and 25 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays.