[A]t 10:46am today, Tuesday 19 June firefighters from Barrow, Broughton and Ulverston were called to a report of a fire in a top floor flat above a hairdressing salon on Cavendish Street, Ulverston.
On arrival crews discovered that the building had three floors and all persons were accounted for.
A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The top floor flat was well alight and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to fight the fire.
“A covering jet and a safety jet was also used and once the fire was extinguished a large high pressure fan was utilised to clear smoke from the property.
“A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots in the flat and adjacent properties.
“No evidence of smoke or heat damage was found in adjacent properties.”