Cumbria Crack
  • Home
  • News
  • Electrical fault sparks Dearham blaze
News

Electrical fault sparks Dearham blaze

At 6:35pm yesterday, Tuesday 3 June firefighters were called to a fire involving a wooden electricity pole on Browside Road in Dearham, Maryport.

On arrival the crew discovered that the pylon was well alight.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokes man said: “The area was cordoned off and Electricity North West attended and isolated the electrics.

“Once the electrics were isolated firefighters extinguished the fire with a hose reel jet.

“They were in attendance for around an hour and 40 minutes.”

The fault caused a power cut in the local area.

Related posts

Firefighters tackle Ambleside building fire

Cumbria Crack

Praise for officers who responded swiftly to north Cumbria farm fire

Cumbria Crack

Police confirm fatal Houghton-le-Spring fire being treated as suspected homicide

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More