[A]WAZ Cumbria, Carlisle One World Centre, Op Shops, Bespoke Minds and other partners are looking forward to hosting the third Carlisle Unity Festival this Saturday 14th July between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
This is Carlisle’s main annual city centre festival with the message of Connecting Communities, Celebrating Diversity
The event’s organisers wish to invite members of the Carlisle public to come along to this free event, to take part and enjoy celebrating our community together, remembering that ‘we have more in common than that which divides us.’
Organisations and community groups will have an information stand under a gazebo or marquee, in the city centre. Groups will take part in an International Coffee morning in the Old Town Hall, deliver workshops or perform in the city centre. Highlights will be a children’s music workshop delivered by Blue Jam Arts, Exciting and colourful performances by Tradional Chinese Lion dancers, entertainment by Laughter Yoga and Carlisle Clog and Sword dancing with a taste of cakes from around the world. Jason the Juggler will entertain children and families with performances and balloon modelling and there will be face painting, craft workshops and a raffle.
Colette McQueen from Bespoke Minds says: “Being a board member and an exhibitor at the Carlisle Unity Festival in my hometown is such a great honour and privilege for me especially when supporting equality, community spirit and diversity for our city.”
The Carlisle Unity Festival aims to appeal to all communities, ages and abilities. We have funding confirmed from the Cumbria Community Foundation, Cumbria County Council, Unison, the ASDA Foundation and Carlisle City Council with whom we are working closely on the organisation of the day.
Old Town Hall
- 10:00 – 16:00 Goethe Institut Picture Politics Exhibition and Carlisle Heritage and Freiraum Consultation
- 10.00 – 14.00 Global Café with cakes and bakes from around the world
- £1.50 for Fairtrade tea/coffee/juice and cake or scone
- 13.30 – 14.30 Speakeasy activities
- 14.30 – 16.00 Quiet space
City Centre Performance Space
- 10.00 – 10.20 Traditional Chinese Lion Dance by Eastern Kung Fu & Tai Chi Club
- 10.20 – 10.30 Official Opening by the Mayor of Carlisle Cllr Jessica Riddle
- 10.30 – 12.00 BlueJam Arts Gamelan and Drumming Workshop
- 12.00 – 12.20 Traditional Chinese Lion Dance by Eastern Kung Fu & Tai Chi Club
- 12.30 – 13.00 Performance by Carlisle Clog and Sword
- 13.00 – 13.30 Dabka with Laughter Aspiration
- 13.45 – 14.15 Geltsdale Singers
- 15.30 – 16.00 Raffle Prizes, thanks and close
- 11.00 – 11.30 Laughter Yoga with Laughter Aspirations
- 11.30 – 12.00 Think Happy Workshop with Bespoke Minds
- 10:00 – 16:00 Creative Wellbeing, St. Vincent de Paul, Face painting, Jason the Juggler