Cumbria Crack
News

Firefighters tackle Windermere garage blaze

[A]t 1:27pm today, Monday 13 August firefighters were called to a fire at a detached garage on Broad Street in Windermere.

On arrival crews from Staveley and Windermere fire stations discovered that a fire involving a wheelie bin had spread to the garage.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “With the owner not at home, firefighters forced entry into the garage.

“Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

“The crews then removed the facia boards at the back of the garage to expose roof beams.

“Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots to make sure the area was safe before leaving the scene.

“They were in attendance for around an hour.”

Related posts

Firefighters tackle Barrow house blaze

Cumbria Crack

Kendal Calling issues ‘Festival Safe’ advice for 2018

Cumbria Crack

Firefighters rescue kestrel trapped in wire on A596

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More