Cumbria Crack
News

Person hurt in Barrow kitchen blaze

[A]t 8:17pm on the 2nd September 2018 four fire engines from Barrow, Ulverston and Walney fire stations and a Joint Incident Command Unit from Walney fire station attended a fire on White Close Barrow-in-Furness.

The fire involved the first floor flat of a domestic property measuring ten metres by ten metres.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire was in the kitchen area of the flat.

“Firefighters used six breathing apparatus two hose reels, a positive pressure ventilation fan, breaking in gear, oxygen therapy, a trauma kit and first aid to extinguish the fire and treat the casualty.

“Crews were detained approximately two hours.

“One casualty suffering from burns and smoke inhalation was treated by fire crews and conveyed to the Furness General Hospital by North West Ambulance Service.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More