During October, the Penrith Strategic Masterplan engagement process is going on the road and visiting rural communities and Eden’s other market towns. In response to feedback additional events have been added to the public engagement schedule to provide some more evening and weekend sessions in Penrith.
These additional events will take place at Penrith Leisure Centre.
Details of the events in October are listed below:
- Monday 1 October 10am-12.30pm at Kirkby Stephen Local Links
- Wednesday 3 October 5pm-7pm at Penrith Leisure Centre
- Thursday 4 October 10am-1pm at Alston Local Links
- Thursday 4 October 2pm-6pm at Langwathby Station Café
- Friday 5 October 10am -4pm at Lazonby Co-op
- Tuesday 9 October 10.30am-12pm Great Salkeld Village Hall Café Crack
- Thursday 11 October 10am-1.30pm at Appleby Hub
- Saturday 13 October 9.45am-3.30pm at Penrith Leisure Centre
- Wednesday 17 October 2pm-4pm Newbiggin (Stainton) Community Café
- Tuesday 30 October 5pm-7pm at Penrith Leisure Centre
Proposals contained in the Masterplan for how Penrith might grow up to 2050 include:
- Three new villages to the north west of Penrith
- Supplying 73ha of new employment land
- A plan to attract better paid jobs to Penrith and Eden
- Ensuring the 5,560 new homes include affordable housing
- A mix of housing to provide family homes alongside smaller properties for people retiring or living alone
- A plan to safeguard the future of the Beacon and increase access to its summit
For more information about the Penrith Strategic Masterplan – A Vision to 2050 visit www.beaconvillages.co.uk and complete the online survey to give your views or email: [email protected] or call 01768 817817.