See some electric cars and find out all about owning one at a free event in Kendal this Wednesday evening, 3 October.
You can put all your burning questions to the car owners, who’ll be on hand to tell you what it’s like to use one.
You’ll then hear from guest speakers on a few different aspects of buying and owning an electric vehicle.
The event is part of the Cumbria Green Build Festival by Cumbria Action for Sustainability and it’s free thanks to funding from South Lakeland District Council.
Here’s the programme for the evening:
- 5pm Arrivals and a chance to see electric vehicles and chat to the owners
- 5.45pm Introduction
- 5.50pm-6.10pm What you need to know about EVs : the technical, logistical and financial
- 6.10pm-6.20pm Electric vehicles in Cumbria – the fun and the functional
- Where to find Cumbria County Council charge points for EVs
- How much EVs are being used in Cumbria
- The Twizy project – where you can hire them to try out an EV
- By Cumbria County Council – Paul Marriott (Lead Officer Infrastructure Planning) & Barbara Cross (Economy and Infrastructure)
- 6.20pm-6.30pm EVs in the Lake District National Park: Aspirations and Policy
By Emma Moody, Sustainable Transport Officer for the Lake District National Park Authority
- 6.30pm-6.45pm Owning an EV – personal perspectives from Cumbrian EV drivers
- 6.45pm-7pm Time for you to put any questions to our speakers
Thanks also to Cumbria County Council and the Lake District National Park Authority for their support with this event.
5PM to 7PM
Cumbria County Council County Offices
Busher Walk (off Windermere Road)
Kendal, LA9 4RQ
To book your free place, please visit: