Cumbria Police are warning motorists to drive to the conditions and take extra care tonight as more roads are becoming affected by flooding and surface water.
Road affected by flooding at 8:30pm:
- A591 closed at Grasmere due to flooding
- A591 closed at Sedgwick due to flooding
- Flooding on A5086 at Goat Road, Papcastle
- Flooding on A591 Church Street, Ings
- Garnett Bridge, A6 just passable due to flooding between Garnett Bridge Turnoff and B6261 (Shap).
- Flooding on A684 Kendal, Singleton Park Road around Park Side Road.
- A594 between Dearham and Cockermouth almost impassable.
- B5271 Windermere Road, Lindale blocked due to flooding, follow local detour from B5271 (Lindale) to B5277 (Grange-over-Sands).
Many minor roads may also be affected.
The above information was correct at the time of posting, please check the link below for live updates.
For the latest information on Cumbria’s roads see https://www.cumbria.police.uk/Traffic/Traffic.aspx
To report a problem on the roads call Cumbria Highways Hotline on 0300 303 2992.
Please only call 999 if there is a risk to life or property.