Cumbria Crack
News

Man who denies Penrith assault and intimidation allegations to stand trial

Carlisle Crown Court

A PENRITH man will stand trial later this year after denying allegations of perverting the course of justice, intimidation and assault.

Michal Pawel Swidzinski, a 31-year-old Polish national, faced three charges when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court over a prison video link, and with the assistance of an interpreter.

Swidzinski denied an alleged March 18 common assault on Rebecca Greenhow, and a second charge alleging an act tending and intended to pervert the course of justice – namely approaching witness Ms Greenhow, on June 27.

Swidzinski also denied a third charge of “intimidation”, alleging that he “threatened” the same woman on September 14 “which intimidated and was intended to intimidate Rebecca Greenhow”.

All charges arise out of alleged incidents which are said to have occurred in Penrith earlier this year.

Judge James Adkin informed Swidzinski, of Victoria Road, Penrith, that his trial before a jury was due to start at the crown court in the week of December 17.

In the meantime, Swidzinski was told by the judge that he would stay in custody.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More