Could you help build the confidence, well-being and resilience of girls and young women? We are looking for women who are passionate about supporting girls and young women and in making a real difference.
We are looking for female volunteers to help out at our GFS Stanwix group on a Friday evening on a weekly or fortnightly basis. Volunteers will be involved in the following:
- Plan a programme of activities for the group together with the girls, young women and other volunteers
- Run weekly activities with girls and young women.
- Help set up and tidy up before and after sessions including preparing refreshments if needed.
- Assist with administration and finance tasks including collecting weekly subs, recording finances, and group fundraising events if needed.
- Assist with social media including posting photos and updates to the group’s Facebook page.
- Assist with regular monitoring and evaluation activities to help GFS to measure and improve its impact on girls and young women.
- Assist with engaging and reaching new girls to join the group.
- Be an appropriate role model for girls and young women.
- Participate in an induction and ongoing training.
Due to the nature of the role this post is restricted to female applicants under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010
Please contact [email protected] for more information or register your interest here: https://girlsfriendlysociety.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/