Following the sad passing of Cllr Ian Stewart in October, the Leader of Cumbria County Council, Cllr Stewart Young, has appointed the new Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, Cllr Peter Thornton, to the position of Deputy Leader of the Council with immediate effect.
The Leader has also appointed Cllr Patricia Bell to the Cabinet.
The new Cabinet will comprise the following members and portfolios:
- Cllr Stewart Young (Labour), Leader of the Council
- Cllr Peter Thornton (Liberal Democrat), Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance
- Cllr Anne Burns (Labour), Children`s Services (Statutory Lead Member for Children`s Services)
- Cllr Sue Sanderson (Liberal Democrat), Schools and Learning
- Cllr Patricia Bell (Liberal Democrat), Health and Care Services
- Cllr Keith Little (Labour), Highways and Transport
- Cllr Deborah Earl (Labour), Public Health and Community Services
- Cllr Celia Tibble (Labour), Environment
- Cllr David Southward (Labour), Economic Development and Property
- Cllr Janet Willis (Liberal Democrat), Customer Services, Transformation and Community Safety