Firefighters were called to tackle a van fire on Robinson Street in Penrith tonight.
The fire appeared to start in the engine compartment of a Bowman Carpets van that was parked and unattended on the street.
Cumbria Police said they were called to the incident at 6:05pm.
A spokesman for Cumbria Police said: “The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical fault and is not being treated as suspicious.”
A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “At 5:59 two fire engines from Penrith attended a vehicle fire at Robinson Street, Penrith.
“The fire involved a car and a van.
“Firefighters used two hose reels and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
“Fire service remained in attendance for 30 minutes.”