Cumbria Crack
News

Two hurt in Barrow kitchen fire

At 11:51pm yesterday, Friday 30 November two fire engines from Barrow and Walney fire stations attended a fire on Greengate Street, Barrow-in-Furness.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire involved a kitchen and two people were taken to hospital by ambulance.

“Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels, fire blankets, a dry powder extinguisher and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and remained on scene for approximately one hour.”


At 7:14pm yesterday two fire engines from Barrow and Walney were mobilised to a property fire on Ramsgate Crescent, Barrow.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

Crews also used a gas monitor.

Fire service personnel were in attendance for approximately twenty five minutes.

Related posts

Boost for Barrow as MP claims ‘mother and babies’ future submarine design set to be given green light

Cumbria Crack

Real Housewives of Cheshire star Leanne Brown announced as patron of Tigerlily Trust

Cumbria Crack

Arsonist jailed for torching historic Wythenshawe Hall

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More