Cumbria Crack
News

Third man admits role in Christmas Eve Carlisle gang sex attack on woman

Carlisle Crown Court

A THIRD man has admitted being involved in a brutal Christmas Eve gang sex attack on a woman in Carlisle.

Two men – Kabir Hussain, 41, and 32-year-old Marco Martins – were jailed in March for a total of almost 15 years after subjecting the terrified victim to what a judge described as a “grossly degrading” ordeal in a city flat. Hussain, of Tower Hamlets, London, admitted two counts of rape and one sexual assault charge. He was jailed for 11 years. Martins, of Borland Avenue, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to sexually assault and received a 45-month prison term.

They were said to have taken advantage of the victim, who was in a drunken state and had begged to be allowed home as the shocking incident unfolded.

Carlisle Crown Court heard in March that a third man was also involved in the gang attack. And today (THURS), Mohammed Miah, 38, appeared in court over a video link. He had previously been arrested after the original incident, but was said to have “absconded” while on bail.

During this morning’s brief hearing, Miah pleaded guilty to one charge of rape. His case was adjourned by Judge James Adkin, who asked for a report to be prepared assessing the defendant’s future risks of dangerousness.

Miah, of The Strand, Exmouth, Devon, will receive his punishment on January 11 at the crown court, and was remanded in custody in the meantime. Judge Adkin told him: “You should expect a long prison sentence.”

Related posts

Ex-teacher who stole from Kendal College is sentenced for more offending

Cumbria Crack

Man accused of Tebay burglaries and theft of quad bikes stand trial

Cumbria Crack

Boy, 15, critical after attack at party near Stokesley

Cumbria Crack

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More