Cumbria Crack
News

Teenager admits Whitehaven park attack which left man with broken jaw

Carlisle Crown Court

A TEENAGER has admitted a Cumbrian town park attack on a man who was left with a badly broken jaw.

John Charlton, 18, pleaded guilty to one charge when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court earlier today (WED).

Charlton admitted unlawfully and maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm upon Richard Stables. His offence was committed during the early hours of May 28 last year in Castle Park, Whitehaven.

Judge Peter Davies was told by the prosecution that Mr Stables’ jaw was broken in three places, and that his injury required metal plates being fitted.

Charlton, of Ashness Close, Whitehaven, was said to accept causing all the injuries to the victim. Mr Stables was said to have also been punched while he was on the ground.

Judge Davies adjourned the teenager’s case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report by the probation service.

Charlton was granted bail, and is due to receive his punishment for the offence at the crown court on February 26.

“The fact that I am giving you bail does not mean you will not go to custody,” Judge Davies told the teen. “All options are open.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More