Join the Brewery Arts Centre for a wizarding weekend of fillibusting fun to celebrate the 22nd Anniversary of the first publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
On Sunday 05 and Monday 06 May, the Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal will screen all eight Harry Potter films as a fundraising event for its Our Digital Future campaign.
The two-day bank holiday bonanza will cost £30 for one day or £50 for both days and includes a popcorn combo which is available at any time throughout each day. The Brewery will also be transforming it’s Grainstore Restaurant into Hogwarts’ Great Hall for an inclusive all-you-can eat pizza buffet, with side dishes, deserts and lashings of Butter Beer. Hardcore Harry Potter enthusiasts who successfully complete the two-day marathon will receive an exclusive ‘I defeated Voldemort!’ t-shirt.
Chris Ashton, Cinema Programmer, Brewery Arts Centre said: “We are incredibly excited to have the opportunity to screen all eight of the Harry Potter films to support our fundraising campaign. We want as many people as possible to bring their Harry, Ron and Hermione along and cast their Petronus charm to help us defeat the Dementors of Azkaban!”
The Brewery Arts Centre’s Our Digital Future public fundraising campaign has already raised £13,500 of its £20,000 target, which will contribute towards unlocking £500,000 of pledged funding from Arts Council England. Our Digital Future will enable to Brewery Arts Centre to deliver its aim of becoming a flagship 21st century arts centre for Kendal and the entire South Lakeland area.
Harry Potter Marathon Day One: Doors 10.00am | Programme 10.15am
15 minute comfort break between films 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 | 45 min lunch break between films 2 & 3
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone | 2001 | PG | 2h 32min | 10.30am – 1.05pm
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets | 2002 | PG | 2h 41min | 1.20pm – 4.05pm
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban | 2004 | PG | 2h 22min | 4.50pm – 7.15pm
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire | 2005 | 12A | 2h 37min | 7.30pm – 10.10pm
Harry Potter Marathon Day Two: Doors 10.30am | Programme 10.45am
15 minute comfort break between films 5 & 6 and 7 & 8 | 45 min lunch break between films 2 & 3
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix | 2007 | 12A | 2h 18min | 11.00am – 1.20pm
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince | 2009 |12A | 2h 33min | 1.35pm – 4.10pm
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 | 2010 | 12A | 2h 26min | 4.55pm – 7.25pm
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 | 2011 | 12A | 2h 10min | 7.40pm – 9.50pm