Cumbria Crack

Police name man killed in A66 crash

Photo Cumbria Roads Police

Police have confirmed that the driver who died as a result of a road traffic collision on the A66 on Friday 19 April has been identified as Keith Moore, aged 42 from West Cumbria.

The collision occurred at around 12:50pm on Friday 19th April 2019 at Thornthwaite, Keswick, Cumbria.

There were three cars directly involved in the collision, a Red Citroen C3, driven by a 40-year-old woman from outside the area, a Silver Renault Clio, driven by a 42-year-old man from West Cumbria and a Green A Class Mercedes, driven by a 56-year-old man from the Cheshire area.

A Cumbria Police spokesman said: “As a result of the collision a 42-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

“An 18-year-old man from West Cumbria was flown to Preston Royal Infirmary and a 56-year-old woman, form Cheshire, was flown to the Royal Victoria Infirmary, both l having sustained serious injuries.

“A 9-year-old child was taken by land ambulance to Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle and is described as stable.

“All families are aware and are being supported by Cumbria Police.”

“Our thoughts are with Keith’s family at this time, who are being supported by specially trained police officers.

“Two other casualties remain in hospital and are in a stable condition having sustained serious injuries.

“The 9-year-old child has now been released from hospital.”

Two BEEP Fund Doctors were called to the incident.

A BEEP Fund spokesman said: “Advanced interventions were performed by one of the BEEP Doctors as well as the Doctor and paramedic crews from the two Great North Air Ambulance helicopters that were also mobilised to the scene in order to assist the most seriously injured, who were then flown to Preston and Newcastle.”

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Two fire engines from Cockermouth and Keswick attended a road traffic collision with persons trapped on B5291 Bassenthwaite lake, Cockermouth.

“Fire fighters released one casualty from a vehicle.

“Two casualties were taken by air ambulance to hospital and one casualty was taken by road ambulance.

“Crews were in attendance for one hour and forty minutes.”

Any witnesses who have not already provided details are asked to contact PC2443 Macleod of Cumbria Mobile Support Group on 101.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More