The UK’s leading retirement developer and manager of retirement communities, McCarthy and Stone, is seeking a charity to support in Cockermouth as its new Retirement Living development, Lancaster Court, begins to take shape.
Currently under construction on Isel Road, the new development is expected to be completed in spring 2020. It will comprise a selection of luxury one and two bedroom apartments, designed exclusively for the over 60s.
Following McCarthy and Stone’s appeal for a charity, neighbourhood project or one-off community event to support, local groups and good causes are urged to get in touch by emailing requests to [email protected] by midnight on Friday 31st May. Applicants are encouraged to include ‘Cockermouth Community Appeal’ in the subject header and to detail the reasons why they would benefit from a donation of up to £500.
Liz Green, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for McCarthy and Stone North East, comments: “Our fundamental aim when creating a development is to support and integrate McCarthy and Stone and our future homeowners into the local community. Our developments are created with community in mind, and supporting charities or neighbourhood projects allows us to create a positive legacy.
“We look forward to reviewing the applications from groups in Cockermouth, and to further cement our ties with the area, by supporting worthwhile causes which are making a real difference to local lives.”
Future homeowners will benefit from a communal lounge, where they can relax and socialise with new neighbours, a guest suite for when friends or family come to stay, and a stunning roof terrace with views over Cockermouth Castle.
With security in mind, the development will feature a 24-hour emergency call system and a dedicated House Manager will also help to provide peace-of-mind for homeowners.
Cockermouth stands as a gateway to the beautiful Lake District National park. The town still runs along its original ancient street patterns and has a characterful mix of historical architecture. One of the town’s main landmarks is Cockermouth Castle, with its original 13th Century dungeons open to the public during the town’s July festival. Additionally, Cockermouth has a wide array of amenities and independent local traders for residents to choose from.
More than nine out of ten customers would recommend McCarthy and Stone to a friend, ensuring it has received the full Five Star award for customer satisfaction from the Home Builders Federation for 14 years’ running. McCarthy and Stone is the only UK housebuilder of any size or type to achieve this accolade for 14 consecutive years, which is every year the awards have been run.
To find out more about Retirement Living at McCarthy and Stone’s Cockermouth development, Lancaster Court, call 0800 201 4811 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/lancaster-court
Terms and Conditions apply
- The call for charities application process is open to all UK organisations, except employees of McCarthy & Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this call for charities.
- McCarthy & Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the chosen charity/organisation. The criteria will include (but is not limited to) the originality and suitability of the charity in relation to the local community. The judge’s decision is final.
- All charities submitted must be the suggestion of the individual submitting them.
- Entries are to be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date.
- Entries can be submitted from 00:01 on Friday 3rd May. The closing date is 23:59 on Friday 31th May. The
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate entries.
- The entries will be judged by Friday 14th June.
- Entrants may only apply with one charity.
- The Promoter will notify the chosen charity by email and telephone by Friday 21st June. The Promoter’s announcement of the charity is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the charity cannot be contacted within one week the promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative charity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to not respond to all unsuccessful entrants.
- All organisations agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their charity being chosen (including photography if required).
- The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy & Stone via the entry form.
- The Promoter reserves the right to control, amend, and terminate this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to entrants or third parties.
- By taking part in this call for charities, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd, Aspen House, Wykeham Road, Northminster Business Park, York, YO26 6QW. Reference to “McCarthy & Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy & Stone Group of Companies.