Penrith-based Gaudium Day Centre and Home Care Provider specialises in care for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
They will be hosting numerous events, activities and talks this week aimed at supporting and raising awareness of dementia and allowing members of the public to come along to see what they have to offer at their Day Centre – 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Cumbria, CA11 9GR.
To kick off on Monday 20th May:
- 10am – PAT dogs (Pets as Therapy) will be visiting. The visit is an animal assisted intervention bringing a holistic approach to treating dementia bringing comfort, joy and companionship to individuals.
- 1pm – Hazel Clerkin Occupational Therapist will be delivering a bespoke talk on Holistic Rehabilitation.
Tuesday 21st May:
- 10am – Cake Baking Session in their Day Centre Kitchen which will be sold raise funds for Dementia care.
- 1pm – Crafting afternoon in the centre, meet the lovely day centre team.
Wednesday 22nd May:
- 10am – Joanna from the team will be providing some relaxing hand massages.
- 1:30pm is a chance to meet Director Mariusz Waluk. He is passionate about dementia care and looks forward to meeting on an individual consultation basis. He has extensive knowledge regarding different aspects of Dementia Care including practical and legal advice. Booking is essential for this.
Thursday 23rd May:
- 10:30am – Day Centre Supervisor Dawn Henderson will be providing an OOMPH! Session centred around the wellbeing of individuals to positively change the impact of ageing.
- 1pm – Crafting afternoon and chance to meet the day centre team.
- 1pm – Jayne Griffiths will be presenting a short talk on Dementia and what it is. Jayne has considerable experience working in her capacity as a Registered General Nurse in the NHS. She has specialised in caring for older adults and has more recently worked in the Private Sector delivering care for those in need. Jayne is also a qualified adult teacher and has progressed her career in Training and Development of staff. She has worked in the NHS and in the Private Sector training and coaching staff on the implementation of individualised and person centre care to ensure quality in care provision and delivery.
Friday 24th May:
- 2pm – Dan from Uma Kadampa Meditation Centre will be on-hand to teach a 30-minute meditation class. Turn up, relax and enjoy the inner peace that meditation brings.
- 1pm – Joanna from the team will be back provide hand massages.
- 5pm – Dominoes with refreshments provided.
Mariusz Waluk Managing Director or Gaudium Ltd said: “I am very excited to open our doors and invite people to come in and see what we have to offer and how Gaudium can support people with dementia and their carers along their difficult journey.”
If you want to speak to the Gaudium team about any of this feel free to call us at Gaudium Ltd on 01768 890353 or email – [email protected] and book yourself into any of the above sessions.