UKinbound, a trade association that represents the inbound tourism industry, is calling on Lake District businesses to get involved in its first ever regional workshop: Inbound Tourism Marketing Essentials, designed to give local tourism companies the tools they need to boost their international visitor business.
Taking place on Wednesday 10th July, two workshops will run in the Lake District, the first in the North Lakes at the Rheged Discovery Centre in Penrith from 9:30am to 11:30am, and a second in the South Lakes at the Merewood Country House Hotel in Windermere from 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
During the day the UKinbound team and partners will share key insights and marketing essentials for businesses looking to explore new opportunities, understand the trends or simply refresh their knowledge on how to target visitors and spend from key markets.
The sessions will include:
- Welcome by Jennifer Cormack, Sales and Marketing Director at Windermere Lake Cruises and a UKinbound board member
- Regional and local data update from VisitBritain – Insights, trends & where to find them
- Get product ready by Alison Duckworth at Epona Marketing – how to appeal to international visitors, and adapt your product and channels
- Distribution, and sales & marketing by Nathan Alemany, UKinbound – B2B and B2C channels to market
- How I cracked it by Liz Chegwin at Mountain Goat Tours – Best practice from a local perspective
- Break out session – Work in groups to develop initiatives to promote your business
- Networking opportunity
Hoteliers, guest house owners, visitor attractions, transport providers, tour guides, restaurants or retailers looking to better understand the international market landscape, realise their product readiness, appeal to international visitors and target them through B2B and B2C channels, are all welcome to attend the event.
The workshop is free for UKinbound members and there is a nominal fee of £25 + VAT for non-members. Further details and how to book can be found on the UKinbound website www.ukinbound.org