Cumbria Crack

Firefighters tackle Cleator hotel blaze

The Grove Court Hotel

Firefighters were called last night to tackle a kitchen fire at The Grove Court Hotel on Main Street, Cleator.

Fire crews were called at 5:33pm on Wednesday 31 July.

Two fire engines from Whitehaven and Egremont attended the blaze which involved a gas range cooker.

A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Fire crews extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and two thermal imaging cameras.

“Fire crews were in attendance for approximately two hours and twenty minutes.”

The hotel posted the following statement on their Facebook page: “To all our customers

“As some of you may already be aware we have had a fire tonight that has destroyed our kitchen. Therefore we will be unable to do food for the foreseeable future, our phone lines are also down at the moment.

“All the staff and customers are safe and well. And a public thank you to all the staff at the Grove and in particular the Parkside Hotel who have really helped us.

“Tracy, Steven and all the gang at the Grove.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More