Carlisle Racecourse is set to stage a St Cuthbert’s Garden Village public consultation event tomorrow (Tuesday 10 September).
The event will be held in the Patterson Suite between 10am and 8pm.
A further stage of public consultation on the development of St Cuthbert’s Garden Village – an ambitious and unique housing and economic development scheme for Carlisle – started on Monday 2 September and will continue until Monday 14 October.
St Cuthbert’s Garden Village will enable Carlisle to continue to grow in a planned way across the coming decades. It will make the most of opportunities to build innovative, mixed-use, self-sufficient communities equally well-connected to each other and the city.
The outcome of this next phase of work will be a draft Masterplan that will cover:
- Land use – the location, extent, type and mix of development including housing, commercial, retail, community and other uses.
- Movement and access – highlighting new and enhanced routes to create a well-connected place for walking, cycling, public transport and other vehicles.
- Green and blue infrastructure – identifying the location and function of new and enhanced green and blue spaces across the area.
- Urban design – defining important gateways, focal points, views and frontages.
To ensure that the final Masterplan is robust and maximises the site opportunities, three options have been developed by Arup, a multi-national planning and design services consultancy, working on behalf of Carlisle City Council. The City Council is seeking public views on each option. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
The first public consultation event was held on Saturday 7 September in Carlisle city centre.
Drop in events will also be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday 10 September: 10am – 8pm, Carlisle Racecourse (Patterson Suite), Durdar Road, Carlisle
- Tuesday 24 September: 1pm – 8pm, Cummersdale Village Hall, Carlisle
- Wednesday 25 September: 1pm – 8pm, Creighton Rugby Club, Carleton, Carlisle
- Friday 4 October: 10am – 5pm, The Lanes Shopping Centre, Carlisle
- Wednesday 9 October: 10am – 8pm, Carlisle Racecourse (Patterson Suite), Durdar Road, Carlisle
Alternatively view printed copies of the proposals at the Customer Contact Centre in Carlisle Civic Centre or at Carlisle library.
The consultation is between Monday 2 September and Monday 14 October 2019. The deadline for responses is Monday 14 October 2019.