Copeland Council has published its monthly list of food hygiene inspection ratings for September.
Every premises in the borough is subject to regular inspection, including pubs and restaurants, cafes and takeaways, hotels, schools, care homes and shops. Ratings are given based on a number of factors including food/drink storage, cleanliness and record-keeping.
Ratings are awarded from five (the highest) to zero.
The council actively encourages premises to display their rating but they are not legally obliged to do so.
- Wetherspoons, Bransty Row, Whitehaven – 5
- St Bees School, Wood Lane, St Bees – 5
- WH Smith (West Cumberland Hospital), Homewood Road, Whitehaven – 5
- Pies & More/Banks Wilson Catering, Sneckyeat Road Industrial Estate, Whitehaven – 5
- Lingmell House, Wasdale Head, Seascale – 5
- Age UK West Cumbria, De Lucy Centre, Market Place, Egremont – 5
- Hensingham Primary School, Main Street, Hensingham – 5
- Orgill Primary School, Southey Avenue, Egremont – 5
- Y-Tea of the Lake District, High Street, Cleator Moor – 5
- Park View Nursery School, St George’s Road, Millom – 5
- The Café, Cleator Moor Activity Centre, Wyndham Street, Cleator Moor – 5
- The Lighthouse Centre, Haverigg Prmary School, Atkinson Street, Haverigg – 5
- O’Halloran’s Restaurant, Falcon Club, Croadella Avenue, Egremont – 5
- Dog and Partridge Inn, Sandwith – 5
- Windscale Club, Gosforth Road, Seascale – 5
- Kells ARLFC, Old Arrowthwaite, Whitehaven – 5
- Eskdale Stores, Eskdale – 5
- The Lingla Café and Gift Shop, Church Street, Frizington – 4
- Truly Scrumptious, King Street, Whitehaven – 4
- Seascale Pharmacy, Gosforth Road, Seascale – 4
- Akash/La’al Indian, Tangier Street, Whitehaven – 4
- Post Office, The Crescent, Thornhill – 4
- The Chicken Shop, Market Place, Whitehaven – 4
- Caspian, Wellington Street, Millom – 2
Copeland Council has published its monthly list of animal establishment inspection ratings for September.
Under its Animal Activity Licence, the council awards businesses including kennels, catteries, breeding establishments, a rating from five (the highest) to zero based on a thorough inspection that covers the care given to the animals, hygiene and cleanliness, staffing levels, training, and health and safety.
- Merryhill Cattery, Rothersyke, Egremont – 5
- Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre, Silecroft – 5
- Syke House Boarding Kennels, Egremont – 4
- The Pet Shop, Newton Street, Millom – 3