Madame Tussauds Blackpool has taken Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman – in wax form of course – to a gigantic glitterball on the seafront as the town kicks off preparations for the show’s arrival in Blackpool on 16th November.
The Blackpool episode has long been a favourite part of Strictly Come Dancing, both for the audience at home as well as the contestants and judges. The live episode, filmed from the magnificent Blackpool Tower, is a chance for celebrities and their partners to show off their skills and dance in the footsteps of many professionals before them.
The figures of the Strictly Come Dancing presenting duo were unveiled earlier this year as the centrepiece of the attraction’s new Strictly Come Dancing Experience, which also includes the the chance to lift a replica glitter ball trophy, take a spin on the dancefloor and even raise a score paddle from behind a re-created Strictly judges’ desk.
For more information on Madame Tussauds Blackpool, please visit: www.madametussauds.com/blackpool.
Strictly Come Dancing’s Blackpool episodes will be broadcast on the 16th and 17th November 2019 on BBC One.
Some facts about Strictly & Blackpool
- Blackpool Mirror Ball is made up of 46,000 pieces of glass
- It is thought to be the largest mirrorball in the world
- Blackpool is one of each series’ highlights – and second only to the final, is the stage most contestants want to make it to
- Strictly is one of Blackpool’s biggest tourism pulls and one of the reasons we’re so excited to welcome the show
- Local tourism bosses estimate the show offers £20m exposure for the resort