All lines between Lockerbie and Carlisle are blocked.
The line has been examined and damage to the overhead electric wires has been found between Lockerbie and Carlisle.
Trains between Glasgow Central / Edinburgh and Carlisle may be delayed by up to 120 minutes or cancelled.
Major disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Trains are currently unable to run between Carlisle and Scotland. Glasgow Central, Edinburgh, Lockerbie and Haymarket will not be served.
TransPennine Express Customer Advice:
To help you with your journey, tickets will be accepted on the following routes:
- LNER services between Edinburgh and York
- ScotRail services between Glasgow Queen Street and Glasgow Central
- Virgin Trains via any reasonable route
Virgin Trains Customer Advice:
To help with your journey, tickets will be accepted on the following services:
- CrossCountry between Edinburgh and Birmingham New Street
- East Midlands Railway between Manchester Piccadilly and Liverpool Lime Street
- Northern between Carlisle and Edinburgh via Newcastle
TransPennine Express services via any reasonable route
- LNER between Edinburgh and London Kings Cross via York
- ScotRail between Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street
- Transport for Wales between Crewe and Manchester Piccadilly
Rail replacement buses are in operation between Glasgow Central and Edinburgh via Lockerbie and Carlisle in this direction only.
Customers with tickets for travel today (Thursday 5 December) between Carlisle and Glasgow or Carlisle and Edinburgh may travel on Friday 6th December 2019. Your tickets will be valid on Virgin Trains only.