In response to the latest government guidance on COVID-19, Cumbria County Council will with immediate affect temporarily close all its buildings to the public and will no longer provide non-essential ‘face to face’ services. Alternative contact can be made on line, by phone, or by email.
The only essential Council ‘face to face’ services that will continue to be provided are as follows:
- Registration Services for births and deaths only at the following locations
- County Offices, Kendal,
- The Nan Tait centre in Barrow,
- The Lady Gilford’s building in Carlisle,
- Penrith Library,
- Whitehaven Library.
- Coroner’s Office on Station Road, Cockermouth, CA13 9PT
- Family Centres (for supervised contact ONLY*)
- Household Waste Recycling Centres*
Services marked with * are under review and there will be further announcements about them shortly.
In an effort to continue to support residents in this unprecedented time, the council will continue to provide access to essential services in the following ways:
Online – Go to cumbria.gov.uk for online services
Email – You can find a dedicated email address on cumbria.gov.uk to enable you to stay in direct contact with the Council and the service you need
By Phone – You can call the council on its general number 01228 606060